It is possible to change the status of a field with conditions. A field can be:
- Visible but not editable
- Visible and editable
- Visible, editable & required
This condition can be a simple action (ticking a boolean field for instance).
It can also be a sequence of actions that must all happen so that the condition is fulfilled (tick several boxes, select a specific list item, a value being in a certain range, like 0 to 10 for instance, etc...)
You can configure multiple combinations of conditions to allow some fields to interact with each other, based on one or multiple results
It is also possible to use another condition to create a more complex condition.
1️⃣ Setting up a condition
In the form builder, click on "Condition"
The following window will be a list of the existing conditions for this form
- Click on "New":
- Name of your condition, to identify them
- List of all the fields of your form.
- The selected field on the left appears in the center of the screen when you click on it. It then offers an operator (list of operators differ based on the type of field), and a value that you need to enter/select.
- The left part of the screen displays all possible values, for a list field for instance.
- The combination elements are used to make more complex conditions, based on multiple fields, or with multiple conditions on a field.
- Informs you about the validity of your condition.
- Green = Syntax is valid.
- Red = Syntax is not valid.
In the following example, the condition is verified when a list field "Ville" (City) equals either "Argenteuil" or "Autre". If you then apply this condition to the visibility of the field, this field will only display if one of those 2 value (or both) is selected in the field "Ville"
To know that your condition is valid, a green message will appear after you click on "Save"
If the result is red, it means that there is a syntax error in your condition. You will not be able to save the condition.
Conditions can be used in :
- Fields permissions
- Automatic report generation
- Submission broadcasts
❗ Note: If you are using the "current user" notion in a condition, then it will only be usable in the workflows & field permissions. Subsequently, it will not work in reports, automations, and submission boradcasts.