The submission import tool works fairly easily as long as you don't need to include relationships. On the other hand, it is possible to import linked submissions in relationships using an Excel file.
Start an import
In the table view of submissions, click on "Import". Include an Excel file. The column separator and encoding options have no effect (valid only for a CSV).
The "Add" mode will create a new submission for each line of the file. The "Differential" mode will update existing submissions without creating any.
Expected file structure
This is the main tab that allows you to save the first submissions. This tab works on the same principle as a classic import.
In "Differential" mode, you must fill in the submissionNumber column so that we can find the submissions to update.
In "Add" mode, you still have to put an identifier in submissionNumber. The latter will be replaced during creation but makes it possible to recognize the submission within the document, in particular in the "Relation" tab.
Tabs of related records
You can then create as many tabs as needed to create other submissions. Each tab must be called by the system name of the relation followed by a space followed by the identifier of the form of the submission. For example : "SystemName 2951".
Fill in the submissionNumber in the same way as in "Worksheet tab" paragraph.
In this tab, we list all the relationships between the different submissions. It must have at least 4 columns plus an optional 5th :
- "parent": used to choose a submission in the "Worksheet" tab. It must be identified by its submissionNumber.
- "relation": this is the system name of the relation allowing to link two submissions.
- "child": allows you to choose a submission in another tab. It must be identified by its submissionNumber.
- "structure id": This is the Daxium identifier of the form used to build the other submission.
- "count": this optional parameter is used to define the quantity in a quantifiable relation.
Delete relationships via import
It is not currently possible to remove related submissions via a differential import.
When your import is finished, if ever an error prevented one or more submissions from being registered, you will receive a return in a CSV file. The latter will allow you to understand what went wrong and how to correct the problem.
Please sign in to leave a comment.